One of my doctors told me that anyone with even very minor borderline liver issues should not take it at all. Many (most?) drugs are processed through the liver, but this doctor told me acetominophen is one of the worst drugs for adverse liver effectsac even without alcohol consumption. Since I have borderline high liver values, he told me never to take acetominophen, ever.
sol

Jonathan B. Britten wrote:
The reality is quite different. Tylenol does not kill because one takes it with beer and gets hit by a bus. This is nonsense.

Tylenol kills because people take it not knowing that a few drinks afterward may destroy their livers. How could the ordinary consumer know such a thing? It is literally true that one could take a few Tylenol, go to a party and have a few drinks, and end up in the emergency room with acute liver failure twelve hours later.

Many persons have unknowingly taken pain-relievers that failed to state their very serious risks on the label. Esquire magazine had a fine essay about this some time ago.

Bottom line: acetaminophen peddlers heavily advertise this very profitable drug without warning consumers properly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetamol