Morning Ed,

I found the original message.  It was WAY back up the line.
It did not qualify the question in any way, shape, form or fashion.

>> At 03:27 AM 6/20/2007, you wrote:

I feel that the available current will be divided and may not have an effective flow since added electrodes would consist of a parallel circuit.

It would be rare that any circuit loads a voltage source to the maximum current available. Very poor design if it does.

With a constant current device, your statement might be true,
Actually the original statement or question should have had more qualification. Possibly it did.

With simple generators, ( no regulators ) your statement would not be correct. No wonder many get confused.

More voltage would have to be used to have the same current available at each anode. This is my limited opinion. Ed.

   More or higher voltage will produce higher current in any case.
You may be confusing current capacity of the supply with voltage.

Depending on the current capacity of the voltage source, multiple electrodes can be used. 3, 10, 50, or 99 if the mechanics are suitable.

I think, in Terry's system, he uses one supply and multiple electrodes, and multiple containers. I feel sure his power supply will work with more containers if he ever wanted to do so.

Of course without a basic understanding or Ohms Law, all this is Greek and meaningless anyway.

As I have said before, people try to understand things without the proper background, become confused, get a headache, make mistakes, and think some of us are crazy that do understand it.

12 volts DC will make CS. I have a regulated switching power supply that will deliver 100 AMPS. Care to guess how many electrodes and containers that would power simultaneously ?

If anyone is going to try to understand Voltage and Current, take a few minutes, a few hours or a few days ( or whatever it takes ) and understand Ohms Law or else forget trying to understand it, make changes, modify circuits, including CS generators.

Doing otherwise cold be hazardous to your health.

Due to a house fire nearby, I put together a short article on electrical safety. It should benefit some people. Take a look. It is not too technical and some of it should be understood by most.
http://www.fugitt.com/files/firesafe.pdf
Note too large, about 3 pages and 75 K.

Wayne