Hello Marsha.
                    I happened across your p.s. in a message you sent a lady
about her pug dog.
        About 15 years ago my wife ( an avid dog lover, with too many around to
count) came across a very simple protocol which has yielded splendid results in
cases of hip dysplasia.  It consists of administering alfalfa tablets twice
daily (after stabilization, once daily is sufficient) in the amount of a minimum
of four tablets for dogs 4 to 10 lbs, increasing by 50 mg for each 5 pounds of
weight to a maximum of 12 (50 mg) tablets total.  You can give more, as alfalfa
is totally non-toxic.  Alfalfa contains some rather complicated alkaloids that
have a remarkable effect on dysplasia in dogs----also for acute pain-related
complications of the articulating joints......in human beings.
            We have used this protocol on experimental human volunteers with,
sometimes, remarkable response.  NOTHING we have evaluated in the last 10 years
has even approached this protocol......in effectiveness----or economy.
                I believe you will be more than pleased with the result, if you
employ this on your beloved dog.
                Our first case, many years ago, involved a beloved German
Sheppard male who was requiring 250 mg of Butylzolidone, daily, just for
sufficient relief to escape constant first-order pain.  Additionally, he could
not stand without initial assistance. Within three days he became approximately
75% pain-free.  Within 5 days he was gaining his feet unaided and was totally
pain-free.  However, any time he went more than three days without alfalfa some
of his discomfort did return.  He lived another 5 glorious years (he was 12 at
the time this treatment was begun), dying of natural causes at 17.
                                Do forgive my maudlin sentimentality, but even
the more stoic
technicians in life are sometimes moved by unfettered altruism.
                            Sincerely, Brooks.