Using a copper electrode for the negative electrode in a normal CS generator might work? just weave some copper mesh onto the electrode? I experimented with a copper electrode (thanks Ode!) in my silverpuppy, and it got nicely silverplated quite quickly. And I made nice batches of CS in the process. LOL. Might as well get usable CS while silver plating your copper?
sol

Marshall Dudley wrote:
Silver mesh may be hard to find. But one can easily silver plate copper mesh, which I would think would behave similarly. Simply take the copper mesh and place it into a container of water with citric acid added. Place a silver anode in the container, without it touching the copper, and run a current through the water, with the silver being positive. The silver will form silver citrate which readily dissolves, and will electroplate onto the copper mesh. The only problem I see with this is that if the mesh has some thickness, the inside of the mesh may not plate well. If you have any silver nitrate solution, then you can dip it into that and it will plate rapidly and evenly.