What he's saying is that in order to control the current, the circuit drops the voltage as conductivity rises. So, it doesn't matter if you start with 1000 volts or 6 volts. Once the max current is being drawn, the voltage at the electrodes will be the same. The time it takes to increase conductivity in order to pull the max current will be shorter with more voltage and/or less electrode distance. At 100 volts that ' current ramp up' time will be very short, at 6 volts it can take several hours.

ode

At 11:22 AM 7/10/2007 -0500, you wrote:

Morning Chuck,

>> At 11:09 AM 7/10/2007, you wrote:

 Your message sounds real good and factual.

I read it a few times and it made me think........  <grin>

>>Once you're at the 1 ma, the time to end of process will
>> be the same.

Sound like you are saying that 1 ma at 6 volt does the same work as 1 ma at 30 volts. Interesting.
Or, 1 ma at 52 volts. or even 1 ma at 110 VDC.

On any non regulated power supply things happen we never discuss.
There is a quality of power supplies called  "Regulation Percentage".
Of course at this low current, it likely does not enter into the picture.

Oh well....... nothing is as it seems sometimes.

Wayne

List maintainer: Mike Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com>