Evening Chuck and Dan,

>> At 01:07 PM 7/10/2007, you wrote:

 I don't disagree with anything either of you are saying,

However my two bit system don't limit current.

So, my question relates to that. The current can increase slightly up to a point, without any problem, can it not? Seems I have in mind 2 ma or slightly less.

Plus, I use a starter solution of previous made CS much like Terry C. does. This gets the show on the road much quicker.

I knew nothing when I started, but I did savvy Ohms Law and other things a bit.

I kept my log file relative to time and current basically because I was interesting, had the meters, and felt I needed to learn something.

From the very beginning, my CS worked miracles for many people so I never felt I needed to change anything.

Of course, ........ wise people change their mind and fools never do.

So, it has been several years, might be time for a change.

I guess I could do without my LED I have trusted so long.

Still, I work with so many bogus things, including computers,
I don't trust any machine or gadget unless I see some visual indication or meter indication that it is working right.

If my gadget fails or does anything wrong, I want to be the first to know, quickly.

I guess I should consider what generator I need to build to advance to a higher level. I have event counters, ( very fancy ones ) both analog and digital input devices, and can write code to do anything I can dream up.

It sounds like a hill to climb, but tons of fun. I have 150 cantaloupes that need harvesting, if it will stop raining. Will soon have 100 watermelons or more.

I somewhat belive, leave well enough along, and if it is not broke, don't fix it.

I do watch my CS batches closely, and the timer as well.
typically, I am working with historical methods.

Plus, I like no power supply, no battery, and no transformer.

Any suggestions are welcome of course.  Tell me what you think.
I take criticism very well and I don't feel insulted if you disagree and tell me what you think. I welcome new ideas of course.

Wayne