Hi, Charles, I have tried both bile salts and meds containing hydrochloric acid. They didn't help. Have tried them both relatively recently and longer ago. They did not help.

Which brands? What 'meds'? For how long? In combination with what other drugs/supplements?

One of the biggest mistakes people make (because it is so easy to do due to the inordinate amount of mis/dis-information on the internet) is to try a poor brand/version of 'x' that is supposed to be good for some particular ailment - or try something while at the same time doing something else that is contra-indicated and will nullify the effects - then declare that "'x' doesn't work'.

Analogy:

*Both* of the following statements - as far as they go - are 100% true:

1. Eggs are extremely unhealthy and should be avoided as part of any healthy diet

2. Eggs are extremely nutritious - some call them natures perfect food - and should be included as part of any healthy diet.

The reason both of these are true is, I didn't differentiate between:

1. Eggs that come from egg 'factories - where chickens liver their entire lives in 1x1 foot cages doing nothing but eating laying mash laced with antibiotics and other drugs to keep them alive and laying as many eggs as possible, and

2. Eggs that come from chickens that are free to roam in the open air and sunshine, eat pesticide free grass, shrubs, bugs and other goodies natural to their diet, and have visits with Mr Rooster.

So, just because you took 'something' that was called 'bile salts' or supposedly had HCL in it, does NOT necessarily mean that you took them in their proper form and/or amounts - or were not taking them in combination with some other drug/substance that was nullifying their effect.

All that said, you are correct that I don't *know* what is wrong with you, but from what you have said of your symptoms, I am as certain as I can be that your missing Gall Bladder is the primary problem, and your lack of bile salts and HCL supplementation - in proper quantities and of the proper quality - is the most likely solution.

Make your best decision with the information that you have been given, and I send you all my best wishes for finding relief...