I actually use an old fashioned single blade shaver (getting hard to find these days) the same as the ones my husband uses at his job to shave the insulation off electrical wires. Salt/oil scrubs are really nice too, but messy because of the oil. Just put some coarse kosher salt in a jar, pour in some oil, just enough to cover the salt. Add a few drops of any essential oil of your choice, I've been told peppermint and lemon are good for the feet. Scrub and rub the dry cracked areas, rinse off. I used to to that by sticking my feet in very warm water in the footbath. Then I would wash them off, and do the same lotioning steps you do. I got very tired of the oily footbath, and didn't like dumping the oily water down the drains either. Maybe I just got lazy!
sol

ch...@tx.rr.com wrote:
Hi, Sol,
So many of us women have dry and cracked feet. Mine started after having children. I don't like to pay for pedicures and manicures when I can do the same thing at home, but have learned about what additional products are out there. I mostly wear simple sandals so want my feet looking nice. Just purchased a callus shaver from Tweezerman. It sounds violent to use, but is not too unlike using a razor to shave dead skin off feet. You would need to buy extra blades too. I soak my feet until skin is pretty wet, then using lotion shave off the dead skin. When I'm done, I wash off and clean my feet. Then apply a heavier lotion made for feet, and put socks on. If you can put foot lotion on at night, while sleeping, that will help too. It's the best my feet have looked in a long time. Using a combination of the two will keep feet looking nice. http://www.tweezerman.com/index.cfm?page=productdetail&prod=198 <http://www.tweezerman.com/index.cfm?page=productdetail&prod=198> Cindy Sorry, not sure how to change the subject, it was: Re: CS>Copper cure...-silver in nose