A bottle of bleach (sodium hypochlorite) is not exactly the same thing as sodium chlorite and has somewhat different chemical action...

That is why it is good to try to understand what is going on. On the other hand, it is also safe most of the time to be cautious.

Dan

Dee wrote:
Well, I know that my product (stabilised oxygen) is not the same thing as
MMS but it is supposed to be similar, and when I saw the way it bleached the
blackberry/raspberry juice, I would never use that again for ingestion.  I
may use it to cure mold or something, behind the sink!  Very expensive that,
considering a bottle of bleach is about 62p and that cost me £16.99! Dee