--On 9 September 2007 11:00:06 +0100 Ole Alstrup <alst...@yahoo.com> wrote:

The BALANCE of daily intake between potassium and sodium is VITAL. Most
people get too much sodium in their diet, REDUCE sodium to the required
amounts and INCREASE  intake of potassium rich FOODS. Potassium
supplements can be a benefit, but it should not substitute a healthy
diet.

OUr forefathers. without blood tests, didn't have the chore of monitoring their blood content.

Isn't it correct to say, that we normally get ample potassium and sodium in the diet, which doesn't present them in balanced proportions for us, and that it is our bodies which maintain a balance without instructions from readers of machines?

We cook food, pour away mineral water, and add salt to taste. No matter what, our body maintains the balance when the minerals are present.

So what is the pretext for supplementation, unless it is missing in the diet and not all re-cycled in the body?

JOhn

quoting himself