-------------- Original message from Clayton Family <clay...@skypoint.com>:
--------------

> Hi MA,
>
> here are a couple of the links I read when I first responded to your
> mail:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histoplasmosis
>
> "Histoplasmosis, also known as Darling's disease,[1] is a disease
> caused by the fungus Histoplasma capsulatum. Its symptoms vary greatly,
> but the disease primarily affects the lungs. Occasionally, other organs
> are affected—this form of the disease is called disseminated
> histoplasmosis, and it can be fatal if untreated."

**** Hi Kathryn.  Yes -- thank you -- I read the same information on the
internet that you did regarding Histoplasmosis.  My point was:  any of the
information that I read does NOT tell you that this can cause breathing
difficulty.  In fact, they specifically say that Histoplasmosis is generally
without symptoms.  And since my husband's doctor did not tell him that
Histoplasmosis can cause breathing difficulty, and DID tell him that his
problem is that his lungs are 75 years old, then we are left to wonder what's
really wrong and what to do about it.  I'm pursuing the information offered by
some of the members of this list, and appreciate everyone who took the time to
offer some thoughts and suggestions.  Thanks again.  MA