> Today I made CG. Here is how I did it. I snapped 10 - 9 volt
batteries
> together, I hooked the + & - terminals with alligator clips to 2- 22
> gauge 24 carat wires each 6 inches long. In 6 inches of dw I rubbed
the
> wires together causing continuous arching. After 5 minutes I checked
> tyndal with a laser pointer and saw a good beam through the
solution.
> The batteries were heating up so I ended. The solution has a light
> golden color. Does anyone know if this can be taken with CS and if
so
> are there any timing/sequences that need to be followed?
>
> Tom

Very innovative Tom,
    Can't see any problems taking both together, but I suppose to be
safe it would be best to separate ingestion by a couple of hours,
silver first.

Have just been looking at the reduction potential of gold.

Au3+(aq) + 3e-  <==>  Au(s)   +1.42V

Can't see, looking at this, why a gold colloid cannot be made in a
similar manner to silver colloids. Does anyone know why not?
It might take 2 or three times longer for the same setup given that
the reduction potential of silver is +0.799V.

Ivan.