To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 10:13 PM
Subject: Re: CS>With all the types of silver.....

Dear Liz,

Welcome aboard!

You write:

And along comes someone like me who is
looking for information and it just gripes my rear to have to try to
wade through all the malarkey for the real story. Sigh. Maybe I'm the
one who is crazy?

No, not at all! You're just exploring the wonderful, chaotic world of
alternative health and medicine. Lacking an over-controlling central
authority, such as the FDA/AMA, etc., it is left to *US* to do our own
research and choose among many options.

Somewhere between the rampant hucksterism and outright fraud at one
extreme, and the fanatical debunkers at the other, you will find people
who can tell you what works. Hopefully here, in fact!

The good news is that along with the chaos comes ultimate freedom and
access to far more options than exist within the mainstream.

There are several classes of silver preparation that are generically
referred to as "colloidal silver," whether the term is really
descriptive or not:

1) "Mild silver protein (MSP)"

2) Chemically precipitated silver

3) Solutions of silver compounds

4) High voltage electrolytic or sputtering processes

5) Low voltage electrolytic process

The first, MSP, is based on a standard preparation that was in common
use before there were pharmaceutical antibiotics. Some of these are
well made, but expensive, and with their higher concentration have been
associated with argyria when over used.

The chemical precipitates and compounds suffer from uncertainty as to
what is in them -- from too much to too little to just food coloring -- and have also been associated with cases of argyria. These are most
often seen in health-food stores.

Some of the high volume high voltage production processes seem to
produce a product of reasonable (low) concentration that is fairly
stable and affordable and may be worth buying under some circumstances.

What most of us have settled on is the last one. The product is clear,
usually colorless, maybe 5 to 10 ppm, and simply and inexpensively
produced at home.

Basic equipment to make this product can be home-built, and very well
controlled and reliable generators are available for less than $200
(US). You will quickly recoup your investment in equipment when making
perfectly fine "CS" for the cost of distilled water and some
electricity. You'll be free to use it as generously as you need, and
you'll also have the security of knowing exactly what goes into it.

You'll see the term EIS used here, which stands for Electrically
Isolated Silver. It was coined by some of our members to distinguish
what we make from the spectrum of other products being sold. It
highlights the fact that it is produced by an electrolytic process, and
consists of a low concentration of isolated particles and ions of
silver in pure distilled water without additives or impurities.

I'm sure other folks will fill in the blanks of this overview. No doubt
I'm leaving out, mis-stating, or oversimplifying some things, but I
hope it'll confirm some of what you've already begun to find out and
save you some confusion and time wasted.

Be well,

Mike D.