I'm glad to hear that, Terry!

That sounds like the most appropriate way to treat a fish... I imagine
as long as the bowl of water is at about the right temperature there
should be minimal shock to the fish.

I like the idea of a few minutes in straight CS, then returning it to
the tank. I know from my one experiment that dosing a quarantine jar
with small quantities of CS wasn't aggressive enough, as well as it
being extremely hard to maintain healthy water conditions in a small
volume. The patient did not survive. <sigh>

One thing that is always important to remember: Do NOT put CS in an
established aquarium or pond, as it will destroy the bacterial colonies
in the gravel, soil, and filters which are essential to maintaining
healthy water conditions. First, the death of the bacteria will dump a
huge load of decaying matter into the water, and second, there won't be
any bacteria left to process the fish wastes into less harmful
subtances. Things will quickly spiral out of control.

Thanks for the success report. Tell them it was a good trial and we
appreciate it.

Be well,

Mike D.