Hi Zoe,
  What would you advise for the aging that are showing signs of dementia?
thanks in advance debbie...send it to me privately if you wish.

zoe w <ilovegra...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
  Alzheimers is just one form of dementia but they are all being misnamed under
that blanket recently. Alzheimers cannot be diagnosed except by autopsy- we can
guess because of the symptoms.
There are as you suspected many possible causes for dementia
Multi-Infarct ( series of strokes) is just one of them, drug and.or alcohol
abuse being another. Head injuries in which unconsciousness occurs is another
one. It doesn't really matter,
what causes the dementia, be it Alzheimers or any other, the result is exactly
the same. Treatments may differ according to the cause, but the effect is
always the same. Dementia causes an erasing of the memory beginning with the
present and working its way backwards. Multi-task sequencing becomes difficult
and eventually impossible, communication skills are impaired, the ability
to take care of ones daily needs , no matter how simple becomes a very
difficult if not impossible task.

Brain tumors can also cause dementia, some are operable, some are not, but this
should be ruled out before proceeding with any type of dementia treatment.

zoe