I'm Sorry Faith, I lost track of your question in my mailbox.

For the kids, ages 4 -16, I usually start out with 1-2 tbls; depending
on the severity of the symptoms and then only if necessary based on
improvement or the lack of, I increase up to an 1/8 of a cup, 4 x day
.

For myself, I usually bump that up to 2-3 tbls to start increasing to
1/4 cup, 4 x day.

Really, I have never taken any greater amount, for anything I have
come across with yet anyway, knock on wood......LOL,

I know there are many out there that drink a cup or more a day, on a
regular basis, but I don't have any experience with the rate of
ingestion.

I have a tendency to follow the same principle I use for when I use
homeopathic medicine. minimal dosing and stop when signs of
improvement are apparent. When I first started experimenting with cs
about three years ago, I really threw myself into a bad herx reaction
(healing crisis due to rate of die off) by taking in a large volume. I
think I took a cup over a 1/2 hour period, which was lot for me. I
beat what ever I had but at the time but I felt like everything I had
was just thrown for a loop, didn't even want to move.  So I usually
suggest a slow ramp up.

Mary