With milk prices the way they are, I always suggest to add 5cc / gal
to extend the shelf life. I ran a mini experiment two years ago with
milk and orange juice.

Yes, you know I had to taste it. :o)
I typically get 5 weeks past the due date using that method, but when
it turns it turns like right now and has a distinct metal taste.......

Mary

Mary

We buy raw milk and the prices of that is also high.  Our coop shipment comes
down every two weeks.  My milk has always lasted well during that time.  One
time I had to go out of town and the milk was good for four weeks.  I thought
this was fantastic.  Well, I quit drinking coffee and the milk consumption has
gone down and I have a gallon left after three weeks that I didn't want to go
bad.  I put the cs in it and shook it well.  It has now been six weeks and the
milk is still wonderful.  It's almost gone and will pick up two new gallons
next Friday but will put the cs in as soon as possible.  This is such a
wonderful product.  Haven't tried it on anything else but I'm looking at the OJ
container now and thinking.....hum.

Dianne