-------------- Original message from His Child <pilgrimb...@yahoo.com>:
--------------

> Hi MA, You get all the foreign material that they stuff into the canal cavity
> removed, along with the
> rotting ligaments and parts of previously healthy tissue and jaw bone that
> have necrotized in the toxic
> environment of the root canal. Also know as cavitation cleaning.

**** Hi His!  Good grief.  What in the world did your dentist do to you?  I had
a root canal more than 35 years ago.  It has given me no trouble.  What remains
of that tooth supports a crown, which looks pretty nice -- although the
original crown has been replaced once.  If you have a root canal removed, then
you lose the usefulness of that tooth altogether, don't you?  MA (who probably
has a couple more root canals in her future, as thirty-year old silver fillings
are beginning to fail and the dentist won't replace them with composite)  :-(