Dennis Lipter wrote:

> Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid, not acetic acid.
>
> Dennis Lipter
>
> Ivan Anderson wrote:
>
> > > Well, since you didn't bother to differentiate between
> > > raw, apple cider vinegar, or white, distilled vinegar,
> > > then obviously you don;t know much about it.
> >
> > No, you are right, I don't know much about raw apple cider vinegar,
> > but I do know this:
> >
> >  THE TRUTH ABOUT VINEGAR
> > by Kenneth S. Jaffrey
> > Naturopath, from his book "Natural Foods", Published by Kenneth S.
> > Jaffrey, 9 Mandalay Avenue, Nelly Bay, Qld. 4819 Australia, 1985
> >
> > 'Vinegar is a poison and even when dignified by the addition of the
> > words "Apple cider" it is still a poison. Vinegar is diluted acetic
> > acid. It is obtained by conversion of alcohol into an acid by the
> > bacterium Mycoderma Aceti...
> >
> > ...Vinegar, no matter what its origin may be, is still acetic acid and
> > is most unsuitable for human consumption. The highly corrosive and
> > irritating acid hardens the liver, unduly stimulates and irritates the
> > digestive glands, interferes with the formation of red blood
> > corpuscles and, through its constant irritating effect upon the mucus
> > membranes, of the intestinal canal, is one of the chief causes of
> > ulceration, catarrh, and indirectly, cancer. It is also a prime cause
> > of stomach ulceration.
> >
> > Vinegar is useless as a cure for disease. It is harmful and should be
> > rigidly excluded from the diet. It acts like a counter-irritant but
> > does not have any beneficial effect. Like every other drug, it does
> > have the effect of altering the course of a disease by suppression,
> > but does not cure. Vinegar has caused many illnesses and even death.
> > Post-mortem examination reveals that vinegar produces scalded mouth
> > and a greyish-white condition of the stomach mucosa. Two deaths have
> > recently been reported in Australia.
> >
> > If you still persist in consuming vinegar, either as a food or a
> > remedy, remember -- you have been warned.'
> >
> > I used to drink apple cider vinegar - I don't any more.
> >
> > Regards - Ivan

The diluted vinegar described above is grocery store vinegar which is
pasturized and contains no mother. The curative power is in the mother
not in the acid. The mother is the same familiy as penecilin, except
that it natural. I am 87 and taking unpasturized raw vinegar for over
20 years for stomach upsets, infectiions  and diarhea. It stops diarhea
and indigestion in less than 15 minutes. I have a friend who is taking
it for stomach ulcers and says it is the only thing that helps.
You can't dispute practical experience.
Ron