Morning Wayne,

You seem to have equated intelligence with education.  This is not
correct.  That is why your country boy could beat the college boy.  If
the country boy went to college he could still beat the other college
boy, no doubt...

Much of what you refer to is a function of memory.  I could be a killer
chess player if I could remember the first moves by the time I got thru
analyzing the final ones...  I have a problem with short term memory, I
have to live with it.  It affects functionality in some degree, not
intelligence, per se - depends on your definitions.

Carlos Castaneda had an interesting view of memory.  He believed that
memory is a function of one's "assemblage point."  The assemblage point
being the "position" from which your consciousness assembles reality
(which might be thought of as similar one's point of view - but more
fundamental than that).  Anything experienced at one position is
accessible if you attain that position again, and if you move off that
position to a new position it is not accessible.  Most people maintain a
relatively fixed position so memory is accessible.  Mine tends to drift
continually...  I don't expect you to follow that, (so much for
controlled folly)...

Dan