Thanks for this clarification, Ivan. Looks like I was using the "right"
end of the magnet for healing after all - i.e., the north end (using
your method of determining north). This would explain my experience last
summer when I took a wasp sting in my foot. Ordinarily, the sting area
swells up and I go through about three to four days of redness, swelling
and pain. Placing the north face of a flat magnet on the sting area, I
experienced hardly any pain, very little swelling and redness, and
things were all better a day later. It was impressive.
Thanks
Colin Yardley

Ivan Anderson wrote:

> http://www.royalrife.com/magnets.html
> This is an article by Dr. William Philpott that explains the current
> terminology used by many of us who use magnets for health improvement.
> In our terminology, the north magnetic pole is in the north - near the
> true north pole. The N end of a compass needle will point to this
> pole. As opposites attract, it is actually the south pole of the
> needle that is labeled N and is north-seeking. This north-seeking
> needle will also point to the north pole of a bar magnet, and to the
> north face of a flat magnet. This north pole we call "negative" and it
> is the pole usually used for health improvement, particularly cancer
> self treatment.
(REST SNIPPED)