I thought one could eat it on toast and crackers or take it by mouth or any
other dozen ways of eating the stuff.  Why don't you go back to Mercola if you
liked that?  Faith  G.

----- Original Message -----
  From: Pat
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 8:56 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>coconut oil

  Although Tropical Traditions makes the best lip balm sticks ever and good
hand soap, I can't stand the taste or smell of their oil (but I haven't bought
any new in a couple years).  Spectrum brand was even worse (bought that one
before I knew what to look for).  Coconut Oil Supreme is so light with none of
that fermented or burned kind of taste.
http://www.coconutoil-online.com/Coconut_Oil_Supreme_Starter_Kit.htm
  Another good one I've used was Fresh Shores from Mercola.com.  I want to use
coconut oil, but other than a teaspoon every now and then, I can't think of
many ways to use it other than on my skin.  I can't cook with it because
husband doesn't like coconut's flavor.  I added some to bran muffins.  I
wondered about putting it in smoothies....since it gets so hard when cold,
wouldn't it just be a clump in the smoothie?

    Pat