On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 2:34 PM, faith gagne <jitte...@gis.net> wrote:

>  Hi Kristeen.  Who warned you?  what happens to you if you take
> something?  I forget what echinacea does.   Faith G.

I have M.E. and to be honest the jury is still out on whether that is an
auto immune disease or not.  I was warned by several people I know, who also
have M.E. that they reacted badly to echinacea with a dramatic rise in their
symptoms. I'd mentioned that I used to take it along with massive doses of
Vit C at the onset of a cold (that was pre CS days) I couldn't swear to it
offhand but I believe the problems were highlighted by Dr Sarah Myhill.
She's the UK expert on M.E. and has been so helpful to sufferers
recommending alternative supplements, diets etc over drugs that the General
Medical Council are trying to get her struck off.

I've never tried echinacea (it's a herb that boosts the immune system) since
I developed M.E. so I've no firsthand knowledge. I reckon why risk it when
CS works so effectively with no side effects. I do have a friend with lupus
and one with R.A. who both report a complete flare up in symptoms if the
take echinacea. they've both been told by doctors that their immune systems
are already in overdrive so anything that strengthens them will only make
them worse.

I don't know exactly how CS works but it certainly doesn't have any adverse
effects on me for which I'm extremely grateful.

Kirsteen