Hey, Group!

I was woken up this morning aspirating on my own saliva. I grabbed a kleenex
next to the bed and spit out this nasty, bile tasting stuff that was a
blackish-brown color. This is about the third time this has happened in the
past 3 years and I feel like I just fought a huge battle in the "Octagon" -
cage fighting for those that don't know. My muscles ache, my bones feel brittle
and I am very cold even though it is over 80 degrees in my home.
I have a condition called "Barrett's Esophagus" and take Prilosec to help
reduce the acid reflux that comes with the results of having a Hiatal Hernia
that protrudes thru my diaphragm. The labs I have had over the past 5 years
have shown slightly low white blood counts with everything else within normal
ranges. I don't want to go back to my doctor as he just writes it off as all
part of my GERD and writes me another acid-reducing Rx.
I've been making and taking CS for the past two years and haven't had even a
cold. Anyhow, what could this be and what, if anything at all, do you folks
suggest I do?

Scotty (Beam me up, Captain!)