Thanks for posting this link. It is great to read a differeing opinion than the party line. As to the garlic, I can tell you that I used to give my old dog some tablets made from onion and garlic as a flea repellant, and it worked great. Trader Joes made it. I have no idea if they still do. So the garlic as a mosquito repellant makes all kinds of sense. I am seriously thinking about spraying my back yard with one of these solutions this next summer- if it works, it will help me too, as I don't like to get bit either.

I gave my dog one heartworm dose last summer, and it made her sick, so I did not give her any more. I worried about it, but did not feel like there was much choice. Now it looks like there is more I can do.

I have been looking up heartworm remedies in my spare time and have collected some posts from the silverpets list. The gist is that black walnut oil and diatomaceous earth are what some have used to get rid of heartworm once the dog has been infected.