  From: Sharlene Miyamura
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 1:29 PM
  Subject: Re: OT Re: CS>dogs ear infections

  I use Black Walnut in capsules, so I open them up.   The recipe I was given
is 12 capsules per pound of braunshweiger (bulk sausage).  I use raw hamburger
for my dogs instead.   Divide it into 26 balls, freeze and give one ball per
day.  When I'm lazy, I just open a capsule and pour some (partial capsule)
onto his food and mix it in and use the rest of the herb in the capsule another
day.   The 12 capsules can be 4 garlic, 4 black walnut and 4 pumpkin seed too.
I've used black walnut and garlic on all my dogs, all sizes.  Not one has had
heartworms and I've never put them on any medication as a preventative.  Hope
this helps.