Right, thanks, Sol.  Big subject.
I recall when I looked into it years ago, reading that SS is fine until you
burn it, scrub it, scour it.  And how many of us (not including Sol) throw away
a nice saucepan that is gleaming again, that works, that we have rescued from
total loss?  It's certainly worth being reminded of from time to time.

Nickel, eh?

Rowena

  I'm allergic to nickel. The standard SS industry line is that SS
  cookware, and other kitchen ware does not leach nickel,
  but.................when I tossed the SS (all that was not magnetic) I
  gradually improved over a period of a few months. Letting me reduce my
  antihistamine use, as I had fewer attacks of eczema.
  I have no knowledge of "electrical sensitivities".
  I do have other allergies and sensitivities, and my experience is that
  the more allergens I'm in contact with or ingest daily the more reactive
  I am overall. Thus my positive reaction to reducing nickel as much as
  possible.
  sol