Well some steel is magnetic. Most SS cookware and flatware, and other kitchen items like teakettles and collanders and so on now are not magnetic. I tested some cans here, and looks like most steel food cans still are magnetic. But I don't worry about aluminum, anyway. I know most people are worried about it, but I'm just not. It is the 4th most common element in the earth's crust, and cannot be avoided in any case. The case for alzheimer's being caused by aluminum in the brain has not been proven, in fact it now seems that it is the result of alzheimer's not the cause.
sol

Dan Nave wrote:
Test it with a magnet!  Steel is magnetic!
Aluminum is not magnetic!...