  From: Nenah Sylver [mailto:nenahsyl...@cox.net]
  Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2008 10:10 AM
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Subject: CS>Help sought for dog with eye problems

  A stray dog we adopted four months has recently developed what appears to
be some sort of infection in the left eye. The rim around the eye has very
tiny bumps. And the eye tears.

  I have sprayed CS with a little bit of Willard Water into the eye a few
times a day, but it doesn't seem to help. I am a bit leery of putting
anything else into the eye, so don't know what else I can do for him. Would
Vitamin E help or hurt if it gets into the eye? Does anyone have any
suggestions? We are taking him to the vet on Monday but this weekend seems
like a long time to wait.

  In case this is related: he has been scratching ever since we got him. His
skin seems clear and I haven't seen fleas or any other insects. His coat was
also quite dull when we found him, and it's getting more glossy, but very
slowly. I feed him a mostly raw diet with Transfer Factor, nutrient
supplements, and nutritional yeast.

  I appreciate your input.
  Nenah