----- Original Message -----
From: Art Labrada <a...@pipeline.com>

There are many recipes for making colloidal silver, here is a very
simple inexpensive CS generating circuit with good repeatable results.
The circuit operates at about 12 V DC but you could substitute 2 x 9 V
batteries for similar results, perhaps reducing the time using hot d.
water by 15 mins and cold d. water by 30 mins.

Parts:
1 x 9 Volt DC 200 mAmp (amperage doesn't matter, this was the
cheapest), AC power outlet adaptor.[ you could use a 12 Volt adaptor,
generating time would shorter for same PPM]

2 x alligator clips
2 x 75mm long, 2mm diameter .999 fine silver wires.
Distilled water.

Method:
1. Cut the end off the AC adaptor lead and split the lead for a couple
of inches.
2. Connect alligator clips to the lead.
3. Plug the adaptor into the wall.
4. Secure the alligator clips to your silver wire, switch the wall
socket on.
That's all...

I have tested this system in the arrangement as detailed below, and it
produces 10 PPM (+ or - 2) CS:
in hot d. water ------ 1.5 hrs (I heat in the microwave until just
boils, 2 mins)
in cold d. water ------ 3.0 hrs

Arrangement:
1 cup (200mls, 7 - 8 oz) distilled water, with electrodes in the
following
arrangement,
2 x 2mm silver wire (14swg), wetted depth 45mm (1 3/4"), 45mm apart.

I used a sterilite 1 cup, soft clear lidded plastic container with the
electrodes pushed through the lid and parallel. The container
dimensions are, 85mm (3 1/4") diameter by 65mm (2 1/2") deep.

Colloidal Silver produced in this manner is clear (cold water) or has
slight yellow tinge (hot water) and needs no filtering. There is
little
metallic build up (trees etc.) on the cathode (negative electrode, - )
and
little black build up on anode (positive electrode, + ).
The plastic container will develop a yellowish tinge after a few
batches, which will not wipe off. This is not a problem, and may in
fact serve to
isolate the colloid from static build up. I give the container a
*swirl* every half hour or so.
I wipe the cathode (grey) after I am finished and leave the anode
(black).
Rinse the container with distilled water and store with the lid on.

Can't think of anything else... Hope this is of help.

Regards - Ivan.