----- Original Message -----
From: Vilik Rapheles <vi...@peak.org>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, 27 July 1999 05:24
Subject: Re: CS>pH and microbes

> At 10:59 AM 7/26/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >I have been studying the work of Sang Whang who in his book
"Reverse Aging"
> >claims the root cause of disease is the gradual acidification
(lowering of
> >pH) of the body. He cites cancer as being an anaerobic process that
grows in
> >an acidic (low pH) environment. He goes on further to mention that
the
> >Germans use of ozone therapies to treat many disease conditions as
targeting
> >the symptom (oxygen deficit) as opposed to the cause (acid buildup)
and the
> >Japanese and Koreans use of alkaline water to deacidify the body as
> >corrective for the oxygen deficit pointing out that oxygen deficit
is a
> >symptom, and the buildup of acid waste products is the true cause
of the
> >oxygen deficit. Drinking alkaline water which is rich in excess
oxygen and
> >alkaline minerals both supplies oxygen and the minerals to correct
the root
> >cause for the lack of oxygen.
> >~~~~~~~
>
> We are onto something here, I feel we are just on the edge of
"getting" an
> essential truth, so let's stay with it. Which came first, the
chicken or
> the egg, and does it matter? And would an alkaline enviroment allow
in more
> oxygen? Therefore reverseing both low oxygen and acidification?  And
should
> we just start drinking coral calcium, if we can't afford the ion
water
> machine?

An alkaline environment IS an oxygen rich environment, having a high
number of OH- molecules. An acid environment is oxygen deficient (in
terms of this discussion) having a high number of H+ molecules.

Coral calcium does supply an alkaline mineral (calcium) but in my
opinion most people don't require extra calcium. Better in my view
(and I have no affiliation with this company at all) to use Alkalife
alkaline drops added to tap or spring water. This product supplies the
alkaline minerals potassium and sodium as KOH and NaOH. These minerals
will replace the calcium in calcified neutralised acid deposits,
freeing the ionic calcium so it can be reabsorbed in the skeleton, and
rendering the solid neutralised acid deposits
water soluble so that they may be filtered by the kidneys and
eliminated in the urine.
Even if one has a water ioniser, it would be beneficial to add some of
these alkaline mineral drops to the alkaline water in order to get
these particular minerals. It is probable that one could supplement
with mineral tablets but then one does not get the high oxygen
properties of the Hydroxyl ions OH-.

Regards - Ivan.