I have been using a Polar Bear distiller for a number of years now and am satisfied with it.I have tried both ways,ie single distill and double distilling for CS making. I only use a ma meter and volt meter to track it and so far can not see much difference in either way;single or double distill. I also use DW for all my potable uses,drinking/cooking.etc.When I use it this was ,I treat it with Concentrace minerals to bring up the pH and replace the essentials minerals.The tap water here is very acidic except when treated heavily with Chlorine. The water I use for CS is drawn off and let sit for 24 hrs in pails to let the Chlorine dissipate before distilling.
Harold
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dee " <d...@deetroy.org>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2008 5:15 AM
Subject: CS>Distilled water

Hi all, I am getting a bit excited here as I think I may have found a
distilled water supplier but just need a bit of info from among you
knowledgeable folk out there!

The company is called Aquwsafe and they say their DW is made using two Polar Bear distillers and it is tested using an HM digital TDS3 meter to make sure it has a TDS reading of 0ppm . Question: is this ok for making CS? If it is then I am on my way to making my own CS at last. Many thanks in advance. Dee