the RO membrane removes most of the the flouride, but not quite 100%.
i paid over $200 for mine over 10 years ago, but they're half that for
better ones (more stages) these days.
when i recently replaced the cartridges, i learned enough about how they
work to select better cartridges and also re-configure it a bit.  a typical
RO system basically has several standard size cannisters holding a sediment
filter, some kind of carbon filter, the RO membrane, and some kind of final
"polish" filter.  i now have 3 cannisters before the RO membrane; 1)very
fine sediment (1 micron), 2)granular activated carbon & KDF-55 resin,
3)carbon block 0.5 micron.  2 & 3 remove almost all chlorine and a lot of
chemicals including some flouride... the RO membrane gets the rest of the
chemicals including flouride very well.  after that, a de-ionizer resin
(changes color when tired) cartridge that traps dissolved solids as ions
(that's what reduces the reading on a TDS meter way down near zero), then a
0.5 micron carbon "polish" cartridge to catch any of the DI resin that might
leak through.  it turns out that for what i spent on cartridges (and a
"thumper" pump thingie that makes it work much more efficiently with more
pressure and less waste water) i could've bought the whole system new incl
shipping ...

if your store-bought is good, that's great, but consider: for CS and general
drinking/cooking i use at least 2 gallons/day so i figure the whole thing
will be paid for in 3-4 months.  and i don't have to remember to get water
when shopping or be generating and dragging around yet more plastic jugs.
sediment filters are very cheap, and get changed every few months.  the
others last longer ... you can get 5 years out of a RO membrane if the other
cartridges preceeding are kept up with.  i'm too cheap to NOT have an RO
setup.  the cost of time grinding away what teeth i have left (& gas) while
going back to the store all pissed off to get the water i forgot is
unacceptable.