Soap didn't help me at all with muscle cramps, but drinking lots more water has
helped me immensely, so I wonder if this would apply to restless legs also.
Everything in the body dries out without enough water and the only way the body
can get water is by drinking it.  I mention this only to point out how
necessary it is to drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water every day.
I'm trying to drink a dozen or more glasses of water every day, and not having
muscle cramps in my legs and feet at night while I am in bed trying to sleep is
just one big bonus.  (Strike the word 'Big' and make that a 'HUGE" bonus).
While others are swilling down sodas, beers, lemonade, etc., I am guzzling iced
water.   I drink it with meals too.  Anything to get it down. Can't beat it.
Hope this helps.  Faith G.

ps:  It took a few days for the leg and foot muscle cramps to go away.  They
gradually lessened and stopped.  The water you drink doesn't go straight to
your muscles because every part of the body needs water,  so it gets
distributed throughout.  Your body needs water even to breathe.  (You can't
even fog up a mirror without water in your body).   Now I might get a cramp
here or there once in a blue moon, but it goes right away and I can handle it.
I just keep drinking that water.

Also, I was assuring my doctor that I was drinking a couple of quarts of water
every day and he would look skeptical.  I wondered why he didn't believe me.
Then I decided to keep track of my daily intake, and on a piece of paper I
started marking down each glass of water I drank.  My doctor was right.   I
discovered that if I was drinking 3, maybe 4, glasses of water a day I was
really doing something.   All that time I had been kidding myself and didn't
realize it.  I was astonished.