I suppose if we knew *how* silver kills bacteria, then we could find out how
they can become resistant.  I had always thought that bacteria couldn't
become resistant because silver doesn't work in the same way as ABX's.  Dee

-------Original Message-------

From: M. G. Devour
Date: 21/07/2008 02:36:39
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Silver resistant bacteria

I agree it is quite interesting, Michael.

The only silver resistant bacteria we've heard about before were found
in mineral deposits where silver was in high concentration in the
growth medium. Resistance was quickly lost by future generations of the
"bugs" when removed from the silver rich environment. At least a few
common types of bacteria were found to behave this way if I remember
the stories right.