Neville,
The flow is whatever you need it to be as long as you're consistent
while you're working this particular circuit.

There are two theories depending on whether  you're doing electronics
or doing electrician. Both will work, but the assumed flows are
opposite of each other.
Pick one, I suggest electronic, and stick with it until much later.
You really can't do both unless you're an engineer.

Hint:
        look up Maxwells mesh equations. Maybe on wikipedia.

                                                        Chuck
Women like silent men, they think they're listening.