Indi wrote:
I don't think it is likely that true CS can accumulate in your system,
or that if it did it would cause blue moons or argyria. As far as I
know, the bluish discoloration some people report is caused by silver
chloride, which can result when salt or baking soda is used as a
conductive starter to make CS, or when water other than distilled is
used to make it.
Silver chloride is slightly soluble in water, and thus cannot cause any type of staining. I have never ever used anything but distilled water to make my EIS. I agree that colloidal silver could not cause this, but the silver chloride could when the body concentrated and reduces it in the beds in preparation to transfer to the nails.
 Best to always use only distilled water, and to use a
small amount of a known pure CS for starter when making CS.
I have never seen any other symptom of argyria reported, only the
discoloration.

I don't even  use a started, just pure silver and pure distilled water.

Marshall
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor, and only an amateur chemist.

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:21:49 GMT