On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 20:26:23 -5, M. G. Devour <mdev...@eskimo.com> wrote:

> As I recall reading somewhere, the iron in those people's bodies was
> sequestered in the cells as a defensive measure by the body, in order
> to lower the serum iron levels as much as possible, even to the point
> of creating anemia.

I find this fascinating as I've always been really anaemic to the extent
that they gave me a couple of pints of blood when I was pregnant (I also
have pernicious anaemia but that's a different thing). I guess it would make
sense then when taking iron supplements to hike up the amount of CS taken to
try to stop any infection taking over. Does this sound reasonable?

cheers
Kirsteen