It works pretty well for psychosomatic illness, but (IMO) not all illness is
psychosomatic. If it were, then it would be impossible for any substance to
ever
affect our health without our permission on some level. We could simply
"believe"
our way out of side-effects from bad habits, chemical contaminations, etc.
There
may be some individuals with this sort of ability, but surely, it is extremely
rare if it exists at all.
This is not to say that many of us do not have psychosomatic illness, just
that it is not the only way to become ill. I've always wondered how those
who claim otherwise would do if poisoned. It doesn't seem too many are
willing to go to such lengths to make their point...
:)