----- Original Message ----- From: "Wayne Fugitt" <cwa...@netdoor.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 3:17 AM
Subject: CS>Do you mean Trauma ?

Morning Dee,

Quote:
[I think you might have Wayne, if you have been bitten by snakes and spiders! dee]

Hi there Wayne,
[my idea is an injury or shock to the body.]
-My reference is to an injury, (trauma), in whatever form that takes and of whatever severity the body considers necessary to try to defend/repair, or whatever connotation one wants to put on it, in producing whatever the body produces be it immune/defence/antibodies, call it what you will in 'attending' to the injury, (trauma). The severity of the injury, (trauma), is dependant on the individual in causing death. One individual may be a pip squeak and die from a splinter, (need I add that my reference to 'splinter' is a toothpick as opposed to being impaled on a fence post), another individual may have both arms, legs and the top of the head removed. The point is the injury or trauma triggers a mechanism in the body which immediately attempts to 'attend' to the wound, (trauma), site and the body can produce an excess, or over-react if you want, which has been noted as causing death whereas the injury, (trauma), itself was not the cause. It could be said that the body goes into an 'over-protection' mode and the body actually kills and not the injury itself. Simplified, this means that our own bodies have the ability to kill us, (have that explained in any way you want), not dissimilar to shock causing death. My comment was a general one as a point of interest without writing an essay, the suitably qualified can expand on it whereas I can't.

[Still not sure how the  "Defence System" enters in.]
-I think I did allude to the fact that as I am not a human biologist my, and I quote, "for the want of a better explanation" term was used and I invited an academic or such to afford themselves the opportunity to elaborate, because I am unable to, I just know that it has been recognised that our bodies have the ability to kill us under certain conditions or circumstances where injury or trauma is involved.

[Still Confused I guess.  Wayne]
-Ask your biologist friend. If he knows what I am referring to he would be able to explain it better than I can.

I think perhaps it best if I just go quietly..........while I am still losing. <g>

N.