On 16 Oct 2008 at 8:02, Paula wrote about :
Subject : CS>CS & Yeast/fungi

> I've been battling excessive itching/scratching on two of my dogs for
> over a year and am getting nowhere. I finally had a vet come to the

<snip>

Hi Paula,

It could be mange which is causing the itching, in which case bathing the
animals in borax should help quickly.

Here below is an email from the recent past and you could follow up from
there.

Good luck.
Tony

----------------------

From:   "Rowena" <new...@aapt.net.au>
To:     <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Date sent:      Wed, 14 May 2008 14:53:03 +0800
Subject:        CS>Borax, mange, Lyme

http://fidosplace.wordpress.com/2008/05/13/home-remedy-for-several-types-of-
mange-more/

I thought the group would be interested in this information. Although it is
for the treatment of dogs, my ears pricked up when I spotted the reference to
Lyme also. I haven't heard about that connection before, though Lyme
sufferers may have. Rowena

Quote: . I must make a strong statement that the formula (borax+h2o2 or
sodium perborate) works bests and it is broad spectrum. You can use it to
control mange, mites, fleas, and lyme disease (initiated by those crawly
insects). I have actually compared side to side with neem oil, mineral oil,
apple cider vinegar and others here in Bangkok and this is the most wide
spectrum cure I have found. Borax prevents denaturation of DNA/RNA in dogs
and I currently use this as life extension for dogs. For example a ribose
sugar, deoxyribose sugar, and various sugar that causes accelerated aging in
dogs can be slowed down with supplementation of dogs indirectly when you do
the borax wash. " "Prepare peroxide 1% solution, add 2-3 tablespoon of borax
to that cup. Stir and wait for a couple of minutes for the borax to dissolve.
The formula doesn't require an exact science. The importance is to add enough
borax until the solution is no longer soluble and well past saturation." . .
.

Borax's toxicity is about 3000 mg/kg, which is the equivalent toxicity to
about that of salt. (check wikipedia). The idea is to make a solution of
borax so that the solution can cover the entire body and penetrate through
the skin of the dog to kill the demodex mites, for example. To use a spot
treatment by pure powder will take an infinitely long time as it does not get
to it through the dog's skin.
. . .

You see borax will both kill the eggs, modifying the hormones and their eggs
by drying them all at once. The weakness of borax is limited solubility and
limited penetration of the skin which you need either vinegar, hydrogen
peroxide, benzoyl peroxide (toxic), MSM or DMSO solution. Ideally 10% DMSO
should be preferred....

The one magic that borax has over its neighbors is that the borax powder that
the dogs leaves in the house will kill the eggs even after the dogs no longer
has mange and re-infection is therefore next to impossible. However, borax
has limited effect on killing the larger mites and fleas, but not mange. I
found that adding 1/8 teaspoon per liter of water of borax added to the dog's
water will cause the larger fleas to dry up and die at the same time. My dog
for some reason likes to eat something like more than 1 gram of the sodium
perborate crystals whenever he feels sick and the fleas just die off. The
borax modifies the dog's blood and kills the mange inside out. This is why
borax, i.e., sodium perborate, is required for mange, but not anything else
due to preventive re-infection of the mange by the powder of the borax that
destroys the eggs where the dog sleeps and where it walks around throughout
the house. . . .

Just want to tell you that there are many ways you can treat mange, but the
issue is one of toxicity, re infection, toxic levels, which portion kills it
and how, and which is the penetrant which is the key to it all. Penetrant is
important, the chemical must reach the target demodex under the skin. Usually
hydrogen peroxide, vinegar, DMSO, and MSM will do that. It must be reminded
again that borax, to work most effectively, is to prepare a solution without
washing it off, followed by a small amount of borax powder to be applied if
you wish. Any other application other than this such as using as purely
powder form is NOT going to work.

Also http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=859761 info re borax and
fluoride. http://www.earthclinic.com/Pets/allergies_questions.html more about
dogs, borax, infestations etc.

That's pretty amazing info, Rowena.

I wonder what a good oral dose is to chelate body accumulation of flouride.
We have flouridated city water here and, though I drink distilled, I still
have to bathe in the junk. Activated charcoal filters will take out chlorine
but not flouride, if what I remember hearing a few years back is still true.

I could use pineal gland cleanse, by golly! <grin>

Peace,

Mike D.