On Oct 21, 2008, at 7:06 PM, indi wrote:

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 18:39:06 -0500
Clayton Family <clay...@skypoint.com> wrote:

It sounds like you are unaware of Faraday?

No, actually I am not unaware of Faraday, I just fail to see how
his work can be used to provide me with detailed chemical analysis of
a given substance. As I said, "conductivity of what?" remains an
unanswered question.

conductivity of any ion concentration in water, of course. And with Faradays calculations we can get a precise figure for just exactly how much silver (or whatever you put in it) is there. All ions are just itching to hook up with something, and the potentials are all pretty well established, really easy to look up in an online world.

I am having a hard time believing that you are such a skeptic that you do not even believe the pure distilled water sold for laboratory use is not really pure water. But maybe that is what you are saying.

How can that be? You sound like an educated woman, and are likely to be able to do the
calculations without trouble- or not?

If one has pure water and pure silver, then?

It sounds like you are disregarding my concerns.

Perhaps I was. Are you also thinking of the possible volatiles coming from the plastic of the bottles, then; and you definitely said something about air- which is basically soup anyway, not easy to figure out what is there either. These sort of interactions (silver ions, volatiles and air) might be in the ppb or ppt, so not easy to pick out of the soup. There is probably equipment somewhere (I am thinking of the EPA) that can measure something like that. Our ability to measure tiny amounts has way outstripped our knowledge of how it interacts in the body in such small amounts.

No unknowns.

Just facts.

Calculatable, repeatable, ergo, Provable.

Yes, you are definitely disregarding what I said.

Or were my chemistry professors wrong? And the more than a hundred
years of repeatable experiments to boot.

It sounds to me like you like to explore obtuse points, which is what
piqued my interest in the discussion.

Okay. Well, the desire for detailed analysis without guessing games
isn't "obtuse" to me, it's just natural. I'm sorry if my desire for
more knowledge offends you, or if you find me "obtuse". BTW, where I
come from, an obtuse person usually means someone who doesn't understand
or completely ignores what others say to them. Interesting you choose
that word for me, isn't it?

indi

I said you seem to like to explore obtuse points. I did not intend to make it personal. Please forgive me, I am sorry, I did not intend to insult you. Where I come from an obtuse point is one that is not the average one under consideration, but a more difficult one to discern.

Kathryn