On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:35:55 -0500
Clayton Family <clay...@skypoint.com> wrote:

> I am having a hard time believing that you are such a skeptic that
> you do not even believe the pure distilled water sold for laboratory
> use is not really pure water.  But maybe that is what you are saying.

No, what I said was exactly this, but you appear to be completely
ignoring it:

There are degrees of accuracy, of course, with "absolute" being
unavailable (and Ode has pointed this out before). However, my "close
enough" standard requires at least accounting for all elements present
as a base. Otherwise, we wind up with more questions than answers,
don't you agree?
One rather obvious example is that many people have been shocked to
learn the types of indoor pollutants their homes contain -- how can we
be sure there is nothing but "pure air" in the environment in which we
operate? From carpets, upholstery, and wall coverings that release
various gasses, to radon pollution, it's a huge question mark whenever
we do work like this in the home. When you unseal a container at home,
what are you exposing it to? And what is the effect?
And then we supply electrical current, which is an excellent catalyst,
LOL... Okay, I'll admit I'm a bit neurotic, but I'm also quite right
about this.

I just want to know what *is* in that solution. Otherwise, what
good is an EC meter reading? Until I can determine that, I just don't
see much value in either guessing or calculating PPM, because the
question "PPM of what?" has not been answered. This is not to say that
I think anyone is making an inferior solution, merely that I want to
know more.

Cheers,
indi