Norton, Steve wrote:
I have been looking into building an HVAC colloidal silver generator.
However I don't like the high voltages of up to 10kV:

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL
&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=7,135,195.PN.&OS=
PN/7,135,195&RS=PN/7,135,195
I ran across a patent for making ionic silver from silver oxide:

http://www.silver100.com/USPatent.PDF
It is for a product sold as Silver 100. Here is the product brochure:

http://www.silver100.com/productinfo.pdf
As always, it makes great claims. But if it works it is cheap and easy
to make. Mix together silver oxide, citric acid and tripotassium citrate
and Voila! You have it. As a bonus, if you do something wrong you may by
treated to a pyrotechnic surprise! Silver oxide is relatively cheap:

http://www.saltlakemetals.com/Silver_Oxide.htm

25 grams of silver oxide provides 23.25 grams of actual silver and for
only $40.00.

It claims to provide time released silver ions and be able to pass
through the digestive system without reaction.

Is anyone familiar with this product? Is this worth pursuing?

Thanks,
    Steve N

That produces silver citrate, which is what Silver Oz is, although it will also have some potassium in it that I don't think Silver Oz has. A number of people have been reported to have turned blue from Silver Oz, since it is not colloidal silver at all. Silver citrate is easy to produce by running a current through water with cirtic acid added using silver electrodes.

Marshall