On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 21:25:18 -0500
Clayton Family <clay...@skypoint.com> wrote:

> On Oct 22, 2008, at 7:20 PM, indi wrote:
>

> > I time mine manually (and stir it manually) as well. 14 gauge .9999
> > silver wire electrodes, and a ventec neon sign power transformer,
> > which is plugged into a 3 amp variac (I prefer to crank up the
> > voltage slowly just in case anything goes wrong). I do check it
> > often of course,
> > and shut it down if it gets too hot or if I see too much
> > condensation forming. I have to periodically adjust the position of
> > the "upper" electrode, to avoid arcing. The "lower" electrode is 4
> > feet of the same silver wire coiled in the bottom of the jar. It's
> > all laughably
> > crude, but I do get a brew that is working for me in spite of that.
> > So far I do not have to clean my electrodes at all, which I think
> > may be a good sign that I am avoiding any arcing or corona
> > discharge.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > indi
> >

> How long does it take to do the whole 2 gallons?
> I am assuming you do a big batch, with 4 ft of wire coiled.

Still experimenting with that.
I initially followed the "two sessions of three hours on, three off"
directions I'd read, but was unsatisfied and so began experimenting.
It seems seven to eight hours straight on works with the two gallon
batch. My most recent batch seems weak, which surprised me because I
left it on for seven to eight hours at a time over three days. But I'm
pretty sure there is a point of diminishing returns, and "more" will
not equal "stronger". My highly unscientific periodic taste test seemed
to indicate that the brew passed its peak and actually got weaker
sometime during the second day. So I'm back to a seven to eight hours
brew time for two gallons.

I will start a new one tomorrow, but plan to do just one gallon at a
time for a change. My back is giving me trouble, so I'm not going to
try hoisting two gallons at this time -- have to be able to chop and
carry firewood (among other chores), so I need to be careful.

In case you were wondering why I make so much, I use it topically quite
a bit (CS compresses stop the painful cellulitis I get in my ankle and
lower leg) and also share it with three other people -- one of whom has
a problem with a recurring urinary tract infection that seems to be
vanquished by using the brew (more anecdotal evidence).
It stopped my dog's eye infection, too (I didn't put it in his eye
though, just had him drink some).
Next year I want to brew enough to use in my gardens.

>  And about what do think the
> final PPM ends up being?

I have absolutely no idea.

> I am using 10 gauge wire, I start fresh each time, and it takes about
> 5 hours to get a quart of around 10 ppm. I keep the amps low with the
> pot. to keep the process slow and constant. It is slow anyway, so
> with the current controlled I don't have to worry about walking away
> and returning to mud(or silver sludge).

I have never seen it go to sludge. I have read that LVDC yields a lot
more sediment, though. I get no visible sediment in mine so far.

> That is the beauty of all this, even with crude simple stuff, it
> still works.

It's pretty fascinating, that's for sure. Without the unique set of
circumstances which compelled me to try this, I'd have never believed
it. In fact, when I first read of it, I though everyone doing this was
stark raving mad. Now either I know better, or I've tapped into the
power of insanity myself.
:D

Cheers,
indi