I can't agree with that; I have seen too much evidence that animals
suffer, and that they definitely feel pain. My grandparents raised cows,
pigs, and chickens, and I grew up riding a horse every chance I got. I
used to catch tadpoles and watch them change into frogs; I've kept fish,
crayfish, tarantulas, rabbits, birds, cats, dogs, snakes, praying
manti, rats, and more. I was a tomboy. I even kept a bat once for a few
days, though he was obviously unhappy so I let him go. I've seen plenty
to suggest that animals have the same spirit and experience things the
same way we do. I believe we are all animated by the same souls, it's
only the bodies that are different.

Brava.