I just re-use my glass ball jars without washing them. I figure they are cleaner than water. Faith G.

----- Original Message ----- From: <scl...@cox.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Cc: "Cathy Knight" <cwmskni...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: CS>Silver Puppy

You may have to clean your jar as well. If you want the clearest CS you have to make sure your equipment is as clean as possible and also your distilled water is as pure as possible. These will affect your end product. There are probably a dozen other factors that influence CS but this is the one that you have control over. Yellow CS is still fine for consumption. It used to be the standard everyone used to know that we indeed had CS.

---- Cathy Knight <cwmskni...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I am new to CS, having made 7 1-qt batches with a Silver Puppy. The first 4 batches were clear; the next two had large particles floating on top and at the bottom of the jar. The last one was very yellow. I used room temp distilled water and used the same process for each. I did wipe the silver electrodes clean between batches with a slightly abrasive cloth. I emailed the company with no response. I need to get a supply made up! Can someone tell me what the problem might possibly be? Thank you for any help!