----- Original Message ----- From: "Wayne Fugitt" <cwa...@netdoor.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 15, 2008 8:28 AM
Subject: Re: CS>metered comparisons., Source of Solutions

Evening Neville,

At 03:31 PM 11/14/2008, you wrote:
Forget the ppm, just tell me why these two readings are so close.

Did it ever occur to you, ..........
They might be right.That is why you calculate, ........ to check the meters. Wayne

1) 009ppm    a) KCl      14.1ppm
                     b) NaCl    14.4ppm

2) 008ppm    a) KCl        6.7ppm

                     b) NaCl    13.6ppm *

3) 008ppm    a) KCl        6.8ppm

                     b) NaCl      6.3ppm *

4) 012ppm    a) KCl      19.4ppm

                    b) NaCl      9.0ppm

Perhaps I'm not explaining properly, I'm not questioning the meters, per sae, just the readings, look at 2b and notice NaCl is 13.6, now look at 3b and you will see a huge drop to 6.3 and yet they both were oo8ppm. See what I am saying? I'm aware that water temperature can alter readings, but all these readings were done at the same time so water temperature would not have changed that much in 5 minutes, besides, I rechecked these several times and got no variation, readings remained the same.

Now look at the other readings, #1) @ 009ppm resulted in very similar readings ie; 14.1 and 14.4 respectively. #3) @ 008ppm resulted in a similar close reading ie; 6.8 and 6.3 respectively. Why are all the other readings like a pigs breakfast when these two are very similar? Is this just coincidence or fluke?

OK, now tell me the conversion recipe from ec to ppm. I've got a couple here somewhere but will need to search after posting this to you. I've got the equivelent of 2 giant redwoods in paper here, unfortunately my filing skills are only exceeded by my electronics skills. <g>

N.