Interesting stuff, Steve!

> Silver citrate is available commercially as a 2400 ppm
> concentrate.

Are you thinking about Microdyne, here, Stever?

[detailed report of experiment... snipped]

It sounds like you did indeed put a lot of silver in there!

> I have more questions now than when I started:
>
> * Is the 650 ma too high a current? I know that some use the high
> voltage of a microwave to generate CS. Is this equivalent to that?

I'll make a wild guess: If you ran 'til you saturated and it started to
precipitate, you'd get an idea of how much silver a given
volume/concentration can absorb. Any current would probably let you get
to the same concentration, with the only variables being how long it
takes and whether you boil the water!

You could maybe even calculate the amount you could get based on the
chemical reaction between the silver and citrate.

This reminds me of the old days, making CS with 3 9v batteries and a
drop of brine solution as a "starter" and getting an alleged "1 ppm per
minute" while streams of bubbles came off the negative electrode and
visible clouds of "silver" (silver chloride, I presume) came off the
positive.

Definitely not an exercise in current limiting.

> * Do I need to balance the pH to something closer to 7.0 after
> generation?

What is the pH? Got test strips? Does it taste tart?

> * If I add tripotassium citrate will the silver oxide go back into
> solution as indicated by this patent:
> http://www.silver100.com/USPatent.PDF?
>
> * What percent of citric acid is best? If I add tripotassium citrate
> after the generation, can I achieve a stable solution with less citric
> acid?

There ya got me!? <grin>

Mike D.