Mike,
Thanks for the input. The 2400 ppm silver citrate is a concentration sold by
Bioscience. They are the ones generating the silver citrate by electrolysis and
advertizing the antibacterial spray used in the prison.
My wife talked to the gym owner about using the silver citrate as an
antibacterial spray to protect against transfer of infections between gymnists.
She is very interested. What she uses now is very toxic and expensive. When
telling about the non-toxity of silver the owner was shocked when told I drink
the solution!
She will use the silver but wants to use the Bioscience product so I will be
getting more info on purchasing the 2400 ppm concentrate.
I haven't had time to really play with the silver citrate. The 400 ppm solution
still shows no signs of precipitation. I had diluted some of the 400 ppm to 20
ppm. The 20 ppm did precipitate out over night. There sure is a lot of silver
in the solution even though it does not show when in solution/suspension!
I think the 20 ppm precipitated because the citric acid concentration was below
some min concentration needed to keep the silver as silver citrate. I plan on
finding just what the min concetration of citric acid is.
The solution definately has some tartness. I have a pool pH test kit somewhere
but I will need to track it down. I have no problem taking the solution as is
but do wonder if a low or high pH solution can inhibit ingestion of the silver
citrate.
When I was making the silver citrate, I was astonished to see hot the citric
acid absorbed the silver with very little silver oxide forming on the negative
electrode.
I kept checking that there really was 650 ma current - using multiple meters to
verify it.
At some point I intend to use the method using silver oxide as the silver ion
source. I will let you all know what I learn.
 - Steve N